DIY Mason Jar Lights are a quick easy way to change up the lighting in your home
- (1) large mason jar
- Electrical cord set
- Hammer and nails
- hanging hook
- Optional: metallic spray paint and
- Take your mason jar apart. With a pen, trace the circle of the socket on the back lid of your mason jar.
- Take your hammer and nail and perforate small holes around the circle. Punch a hole in the middle and use pliers to snap the circle out of the lid.
- Optional: spray paint the socket part of the cord with metallic spray paint, as well as the top of the lids.
- Once dry, take the mason jar lid that you had punched the large hole from and punch a ring of small holes around the large empty circle. This will allow heat to escape from your mason jar lamp.
- Take your socket and put the screw ring around it. Wedge your mason jar lid on top.
- Screw in your lightbulb.
- Place the light inside the mason jar, and use the mason jar screw top to screw it together.